Monday, July 14, 2008

I Do Know Jack

Over three weeks ago we left on this odyssey. But before we got out of the driveway I bent the stabilizer JACK because I didn't have it raised far enough. On the second day we blew a tire in the middle of nowhere, and I had to use the floor JACK I brought to raise the trailer to change the tire.

We finally got to Mike & Kallie's on the third day so we could finally meet our grandson, JACK. Over the next week we kinda got to know JACK. Though I'm sure he keeps changing every day, so we now don't know him as well as we used to. But while we were in Colorado, I had to use the floor JACK again, to raise the trailer to repair the plumbing that was tore up when the tire blew.

In Idaho I ruined my cordless drill installing the new stabilizer JACK that I bought in Utah. Then in Pt. Ludlow I had to use the floor JACK again to replace a brand new tire that had gone mysteriously flat.

This morning, as we were getting ready to leave Washington I needed to put on the new tire I bought to replace the mystery flat. I was going to use some stacking blocks as a rolling JACK, just roll the trailer forward and the good tire would go up on the blocks, while the back tire would go up in the air for changing. As I was raising the trailer to put it on the hitch, the tongue JACK broke, dropping the trailer. So I had to use the floor JACK again to get the trailer on the hitch so I could roll in forward on the rolling JACK.

On the way to Diamond Lake, Oregon we stopped at bought a new tongue JACK which I installed tonight. So after these three weeks of odyssey, you can’t tell me that I don’t know . . . .

2 comments:

Dan and Holly said...

very clever.

Tim and Stef McKean said...

Wow, gorgeous lake pictures!! We had a fire up by Oak Glen when we were there, no fun!