Then I found a hardware store to buy a tire iron, and some parts to fix the water hoses that were torn up by the tire. That put us 2 hours behind.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Day 2 -- "Vacation?"
So one thing I wanted to say yesterday, and didn't: A lot of the places we were yesterday were along the old Route 66, route. I could swear I saw Radiator Springs off in the distance one time. I asked Carolyn if we could go visit Mater & Sally.
We started the day in Flagstaff, and got away much later than we wanted to. I really wanted to get to an RV parts store, but the only one in town wasn't open on Sundays. So we took off. The sway I felt yesterday was worse today. We stopped a couple of times to make adjustments in the hitch hoping it would help. We thought it helped a little.
This is what most of the day looked like. It looked nicer in person, and for the first half hour.
Then: "Houston, we have a problem." We blew a tire, that did some damage to the trailer. We limped into a little town. With no tire stores or real service stations. My tire iron didn't fit the trailer wheels. But a Navajo guy came along and helped.
Then I found a hardware store to buy a tire iron, and some parts to fix the water hoses that were torn up by the tire. That put us 2 hours behind.
We spent the rest of the afternoon driving near Monument Valley, and seeing Four Corners, but never got to see Mesa Verde in Colorado. We hope to tomorrow, but we have to buy a tire first.
Then I found a hardware store to buy a tire iron, and some parts to fix the water hoses that were torn up by the tire. That put us 2 hours behind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sad! What a terrible start to a fabulous trip!! I didn't know tires could DO that! Tim's thinking he can't remember that he's ever been on a trip where the car didn't break down or something happened...adventures!
"Well, gentlemen, looks like we've had our glitch for this mission."
That's crazy about the tire. I'm glad that it didn't do any worse damage. Thank God for that Navajo dude to help you out when you needed it.
Post a Comment